Propose a Session for the 2014 Annual Workshop
Please read these instructions carefully; they have changed from prior years.
The 39th Annual Natural Hazards Research and Applications Workshop will be held Sunday, June 22 through Wednesday, June 25, 2014, at the Omni Interlocken Hotel in Broomfield, Colorado.
The Natural Hazards Center invites you to propose a session for the 2014 Workshop. We will only consider submissions that are reasonably complete, and you will be asked to take a role in organizing sessions we accept. A complete Hazards Workshop session proposal generally consists of the following:
- An interesting and descriptive title;
- A concise session description that will frame the panelists' discussion;
- A moderator with the background and personality to draw panel members and the audience into the discussion; and,
- Three panelists with differing perspectives on the topic, preferably from different disciplines or sectors.
Note that the following still apply:
- In most sessions, panelists are not permitted to present slides or papers but instead respond to a moderator's framing questions.
- We are most interested in emerging questions, new perspectives, and topics of broad interest and applicability.
- As needed, we will combine different proposals and panelists to reframe issues and encourage discussion.
The submission window will close when we have enough sessions to fill the program, or on December 31, whichever comes first. If you make a complete session proposal using this form, we will notify you whether or not it has been accepted by January 17, 2014.