- Building Proctor: Cindy Edgar, 303-492-8147, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBS IT Help: 303-492-2148, email@example.com
Instructions for reserving rooms, checking room availability, room capacity and room charges (if applicable) can be found on the IBS Meeting Room Reservation Page.
To ensure that IBS faculty and staff have priority reservations, there is a Reservation Restriction schedule in place.
- Fall Semester (8/15-1/15) – Rooms held for IBS internal use until 7/15.
- Spring Semester (1/15-5/15) – Rooms held for IBS internal use until 12/15.
- Summer (5/15-8/15) – Rooms held for IBS internal use until 4/15.
There is also a restriction on the use of Meeting Room 155B – it is for IBS use only Mon-Fri until 5pm. External groups may use this meeting room after 5pm and on weekends. Exceptions must be approved by the Director.
- Rooms are available to University of Colorado departments and organizations as well as external organizations which are directly affiliated with the University. Rooms can only be reserved through a University of Colorado employee, student, or faculty member.
- Please inform IBS if your meeting needs change and you need to cancel your reservation. This is especially true of recurring meetings or meetings scheduled far in advance. After several warnings, if groups routinely reserve space but end up not using the space at that time, IBS may not allow the group to use the space in the future.
- Use of the IBS meeting spaces is a privilege and abuse of this privilege may mean that the usage may be revoked. If there is an accidental double booking or last-minute need arising at IBS, please note that IBS faculty and staff have priority for the space.
- Rooms should be returned to the standard set-up. Please see room set-ups document, as well as posted near the door in the meeting space. The tables have wheels on one end. Do not remove furniture or chairs from the rooms. For larger events, you may want to reserve extra time to set the room up and return it to the standard.
- Rooms should be left clean, no discarded paper, food, etc. left behind. Trash and Recycling should be placed in the proper containers. Tables wiped down as needed. White boards erased.
- If your group fills the recycling bins, please empty them in the cans outside the back of the building next to the dumpster. Recycling is only picked up once a week, so full bins are a nuisance for the next group.
- Compost service is not available for the meeting rooms except by special arrangement for large events. Food waste can be brought to the restroom compost bins. Please be extremely careful to ensure only compostable items are put into the compost bins.
- Conference Rooms 155A and 155B – DO NOT operate the wall separating the space. If you have reserved both rooms and for some reason the wall is set up, please contact Cindy Edgar at 303-492-8147, or find her in IBS 262, or seek out other assistance from IBS staff or student assistants.
- *Important tip* The tables in 155A and B have wheels on one end. Lift from the end without the wheels to roll the tables where needed. This avoids damaging the tables (separating the legs from the base) and makes it easier to move in general.
- Please do not adjust the blinds, ask for assistance if needed. Projectors/equipment will be shut off or put in sleep mode. Equipment will be put away (ex. Teleconferencing equipment). If anything is not functioning properly, please let IBS know.
- Doors to IBS should not be propped open. Doors to IBS are scheduled to lock automatically at 5:00pm, although IBS staff will set the doors to remain unlocked for meetings scheduled in advance. However, if your meeting is scheduled less than 48 hours in advance, please verify with Cindy Edgar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that the doors have been updated. Patio doors are only unlocked with special permission.
- Patio doors are warping and truly need an extra tug to ensure they are latched if they are opened at all (including doors not used).
- If after 5:00pm, do not open external doors for people you do not recognize. This is a safety issue for people in the building as well as to prevent any loss of property.
- Returning room to standard set-up – $50/hour.
- Cleaning room – $50/hour.
- Damage to property/equipment – at cost.