How to Reserve an IBS Meeting Room
For Help and Support:
Building Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-735-5427
Tech Help: email@example.com, 303-492-8148
Our Meeting Room Calendars
Reserving an IBS Meeting Room
University of Colorado faculty/staff/students (Outlook or O365).
Hint: Think about this just as if you were creating an Outlook meeting and inviting attendees – the process is just like doing that.
- Create a meeting request via Outlook or O365 (please visit Outlook’s Calendar tutorial if you haven’t used Outlook Calendar before). Things to consider: Please have an appropriately descriptive name of the meeting as others will be able to view the meeting title. If booking on behalf of another individual, please list a contact for the meeting in the body of the appointment request so that we can contact them if needed (eg., building closures, needing to change rooms, etc.).
- Click Invite Attendees.
- Click either “Required” or “Location” depending on your version of Outlook.
- Make sure you’re using the “Global Address List” and not the “Offline Global Address List” in the “Address Book” dropdown.
- Search for “ibs-” and the desired room number.
- Once you find the room you want, double click it.
- Complete your invite and click “Send”.
- You will receive a tentative booking from the room, and an acceptance once it has been approved.
If you’re unable to utilize Outlook, please complete the Room Request Form to reserve a room at IBS. Once your meeting room is confirmed as available, we will add it to the meeting calendar, then send an Outlook Meeting Notification to you via email. You do not have to use Outlook or accept the meeting, but please note the meeting on your individual calendar as needed.
Should you need to update or cancel your meeting, please email or call the Building Contact, listed above.
Room Reservation FAQs
Yes, please see the Restrictions notice at the top of the Meeting Room Reservations main page.
The Outlook system will not let you reserve a room if it isn’t available. You can look at the other room calendars (or use the scheduling/availability option) to find a room that is available.
We can likely still accommodate your recurring meeting; but you might have to use another meeting room. Fill out the Room Request Form and the IBS Building Contact will add the meeting for you, making room changes or adjustments as necessary. You will still receive the Outlook meeting calendar notifications once we add it to the meeting room calendar.
IBS Meeting Rooms can only be reserved by CU faculty, staff, or students. Outside groups can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on using our space.
You can always use our Room Request Form to reserve a meeting room. We will add the meeting to the calendar, which will still send you an Outlook meeting request so you’ll know the meeting has been confirmed on the calendar.